About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Golden Birthday

I officially turned 24 this week. I was informed later on it was my "golden birthday" b/c I turned 24 on the 24th!!! I didn't even realize it!


It was a great birthday. I woke up to John making chocolate pancakes (my very favorite) & a package from my parents full of lots of goodies including a years subscription to "Real Simple."

The best part of the package was a sentimental key. The key belonged to the house my granddad grew up in, which fits perfectly in my old key collection! Most of my dad's side of the family is from a small town, Dallas NC. In fact, so much of my family lived on a particular street in Dallas that it was named "Davis Street" and is still named that to this day! This key is from a house on Davis street that I'm pretty sure isn't there anymore, which makes the key all the more special. I have a key from the farm my mom grew up on in Wisconsin too!

Later that evening Chris and Erica came with Shelby and Mark and their adorable son Brock for a cook out! I absolutely live for summer cook outs. We had a great time with lots of food, homemade ice cream & a cake from Cold Stone Creamery (a surprise from John). Brock loved the dogs and believe it or not Jax was his favorite! Jax needs someone else in this world to love him besides me. :)

These pictures were taken by my new and very much improved camera that John got me. I've been dying for a new "point and shoot" that doesn't make everyone within a 10ft. radius as white as Casper due to the flash & doesn't wait a year to take another picture. It's the cannon power shot and I really like it.

Thanks to all for my birthday wishes. You don't really expect phenomenal birthdays after you're 12, but this was one! I'm so blessed to have amazing friends & family in my life & I love you all so much!!


Matt checking on the corn.





The whole gang.


What a cutie!


The Camps



Told you I was excited about my new camera!

No comments: