About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Friendship

Just a short little post in honor of the first book club tomorrow.

"True friendship is a sacred, important thing, and it happens when we drop down into that deeper level of who we are, when we cross over into the broken, fragile parts of ourselves. We have to give something up in order to get friendship like that. We have to give up our need to be perceived as perfect. We have to give up our ability to control what people think of us. We have to overcome the fear that when they see the dephts of who we are, they'll leave. But for what we give up is noting in comparison to what this kind of friendship gives to us. Friendship is about risk. Love is about risk. If we can control it and manage it and manufacture it, then it's something else, but if it's really love, really friendship, it's a little scary around the edges....

Friendship is an opportunity to act on God's behalf in the lives of the people that we're close to, reminding each other who God is..."

-Shauna Niequest Cold Tangerines

I'm so thankful for the true, deep friendships that I have in my life. You know who you are & I hope to never take our friendship for granted. Thanks to all my friends out there that have taken the risk in showing me the not so perfect side of yourself and loved me in return when I've shown mine...

No comments: