We went to a place called "Cutty's," which is like a camp ground for campers or tents, but they also have some rooms you can stay in like a hotel. We stayed up late playing Quelf, Taboo, Catch Phrase, a great dice game, Compatible & hear me out. We swam, laid out & played ridiculous games I would come up with that involved passing a football. It was great!
For food we grilled out or went to local restaurants. My favorite was a little Mexican place we found the last night. We also went to a small amusement park on the lake & rode golf carts!
Did I mention we played games? Not just inside, but at Cutty's there is free mini-golf & other outdoor games. The girls took on the guys betting back rubs and ended up in the hole 30 minutes at the end. Dang us for doing "double or nothing." We played several rounds of mini golf, horse shoes & shuffle board. It was such a fun and relaxing weekend & I'm so glad we went!
Checking out the lake.

Andi brought a ton of magazines for lazing by the pool!
Possibly my favorite game....Quelf. The game of randomness...that's all I can say.






No, this isn't Jamacia, just Okoboji
Yay for go-carts!


2 comments:
So...my extended family has vacationed at Lake Okoboji since I was little (they all live in Iowa and Nebraska). In fact, that vacation begins in 2 weeks I think (I'm however not going).
But I am absolutely dying over here that you are TRULY getting a taste of my midwest childhood....so hysterical! I loved Okoboji it is so much fun! My cousin even waitresses there in the summer. So ironic!
It looks like you had fun and I am so glad! I just had to tell you:)
Love you!
I love the pictures! We had such a fun time with you guys.
Post a Comment