John & I have been faced with the issue of buying a house earlier than expected. Right now we rent a house in a great neighborhood with a backyard for our dogs. Our lease is up in Sept. but the owners of the home told us last week they want to put the house on the market in "early spring." They currently live in PA & rent to us through a local property management place. We rented knowing the owners couldn't sell before they had to move to PA, but wanted to rent for several years or so. That has changed.
So, we're at the crossroads of looking for another place to rent or buying our own home. Right now we're leaning towards buying. For starters John hates renting b/c we're just "throwing our money away" and not investing in anything. Also, the market is great for buyers right now especially if the bill for 1st time home owners to get around $7,500 passes. The down side is obvious....we buy here, we stay here. Not forever, but for possibly longer than we originally had in our "plan." The funny thing is we really don't have a "plan," but I know buying a house here was never really part of it. :) We moved to Rochester without any big plans...just to test out the area & hopefully find jobs we enjoy. I knew going into it that I could do anything for a year or two...even if I hated the job we moved here for. However, I don't hate my job. Will I retire here?...no, but I really like what I'm doing right now. Buying is an investment with money and time so it's a big decision. That's where your prayers will be greatly appreciated!!
We tooled around Sat. and got flyers in neighborhoods we liked, viewed a few with open houses & broke into a couple vacant new ones :) It was pretty fun, but stressful at the same time. Some were better than expected and others disappointing.
However, our "hunt" will be on hold for about 3 weeks. John is training in Minneapolis for 2 weeks (he left this morning). He will come back on Sat. to take his series 66 test then back to the cities Monday. I am leaving Wed. for a conference in Chicago, but I'll be back on Saturday. THEN, we both leave Aug. 9th for Colorado!! I'm working a normal week & he's tagging along. Even though I work all day, we'll be able to get a nice bite to eat at night and do some touring. John found a big cat refuge place for us to visit!!!! They rescue tigers, lions etc.! He knows me pretty good, huh!?
Also, my dad left for Japan Saturday...again. He'll be gone for 6 weeks as usual. My family is so thankful that he has a job, but the traveling is getting old for everyone. My dad is tired of the constant travel & my mom is tired of being alone. He's been gone more this year than he's been home. I'd love for him to find a job he loves that doesn't require so much travel!
Sorry this has gotten so long. Please pray for our decision & that if we are going to buy that everything will fall into place with the Lord's help. Also keep my parents in your prayers. I hate that my mom is all alone & I'm so far away. Of course, we'll need some prayer on Sat. for John's final test & safe travels all around.
Maybe I should change this post's title to PRAYER! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Ok, so I prayed about it, and God told me that your "plan" should be to stay as long as Chris and I are in MN, and then you can leave when we do. :) haha just kidding. I know it will all work out....See you tomorrow in CHICAGO!!! :)
Post a Comment