Friday was our day to sight see. This is the first time we've come out early to a show so we can explore the city. We're very grateful that Brian let us do this for San Francisco.The day started with a trolley ride from Union Square to Fisherman's Wharf. I took pics. of the cute houses that I secretly long to live in! Do any of you think John would go for that!? Our first stop was Ghirardeli Square where we visited the original chocolate shop for some free samples & walked around the cute stores in the area. I loved them!
We then saw the seals at Pier 39 & ate at a great place overlooking the boats and Alcatraz. I had a crab cake & it was wonderful. I pretty much had seafood the whole week! Then, we were off to Alcatraz. We took the audio tour & learned a lot. It was worth the trip!
turning the Trolley around
every street here is cute!
Erica & I with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background

I love them!

See...there are rednecks everywhere....even in San Francisco!
Conrad named this store
Alcatraz in the background


the knives were outlined in the kitchen so guards knew immediately if one was missing!
Looking at the "free world" of SF from the prison
where they escaped, dug with spoons!
so small!
locked up!
inside the "isolation" cell where the worst prisoners were kept
Brian was exhausted...maybe it's because he made us sprint back to the ferry! Later that night we took the Mayo residents in Rochester out to dinner at Two Hawthorn Lane. It was a long, but great day!



1 comment:
Lisa! I have the same picture of the John Deere "Bass Tub" sign. I love that we were standing at the same spot...just at different times! Miss you...
Post a Comment