About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 4th family weekend!!

I flew from Denver CO to Atlanta where my parents picked me up. We then drove down to Anderson SC to meet John at his parent's house! We originally were going to his aunt and uncle's in Johnson City TN, but the plans changed so we rolled with the punch.

The 4th was so great. I love Steve & Janet's house and give Janet a hard time about how sad I'll be if they ever move. It's just so relaxing! We ate a lot, slept in, had somores & stayed up late talking the whole weekend. It was fantastic. Gotta love some family fun.


poppa playing with Jax

Steve & Janet expanded their garden this year.

Julia wanted me to take a pic. of her shirt. She works at the distribution plant here in Anderson & is very proud of her job, as she should be!

we are always hanging around the kitchen like little birds waiting for the cook to drop a crumb!

Raleigh was on chipmunk patrol and was convinced there was one in the kitchen...she wasn't moving.

Tony & Gabriel Moon, good friends of the family.

Steve & Granny


mom testing the water for later...it was 89 degrees!


me & poppa

The morning of the 4th we decided to have a bonfire! We like to do them big! We're actually burning all the trash. Yes, we understand that little fire hose wouldn't really do anything if this got out of hand, but it's there to keep it from spreading across the lawn.

later on we had a real fire to sit around and relax

group shot! notice mom and granny are always cold and therefore always by the fire

fat kid not holding back!


Another added excitement was that the neighbor, Deena, had puppies! They were PRECIOUS and if I didn't already have two dogs, I would have taken one home with me. Their mom is a full registered golden retriever and the dad was a black lab. Guess who they took after!? They are free and still available if anyone wants one! I ended up finding two of them homes.



how can you resist this little guy?

adorable

You can't say "no" to that face

mom with all 9 pups!



getting love from mom
On the way from Anderson to Cleveland my dad and John stopped at a shooting club. It was dad's birthday gift to John. They really had a blast!

No comments: