About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Some exciting news!!!!

John and I are moving back to the south!!!!!!!!!!! He was offered a job at the Wells Fargo branch in Dalton GA as a credit manager. It was up in the air for awhile about what I was going to do, but I found out last Friday that I'm able to keep my job! We are going to try it out and see how it goes for a few months, but I feel confident it will work out. We are so relieved! We both feel like we're making the right decision and that was confirmation that we are. I told John a long time ago it would have to be a God thing for this to work out! I have a horrible habit of taking something great like that and "logically" saying "of course it worked out," ultimately taking the credit away from God, but I wont' do that this time. This is God!!!!!!!

We feel like we took a step of faith when we agreed to move back just with a guarantee of John's job even though it was less money than what we currently make. I'm so glad we did b/c the lord has provided once again! We will move down prob. Aug 21-22, but the details are still not set...he starts Aug. 31.

The job is in Dalton GA, but we don't plan to move to Dalton so he'll have a little bit of a commute. We want to buy a house once we get back...not sure if it would be Chattanooga, Ooltewah or Cleveland, but I know God has the right house out there for us! Between work trips (2 before I leave), packing our house, looking at houses for sale online & trying to figure out how to work from home, I can't tell up from down! I'm just ready to be settled and get a routine again, but for now I'll try to enjoy the ride. :)

It is exciting, but we will deeply miss the people that we have daily interactions with here in Rochester. This has been an unbelievable experience for the both of us and we are so so glad we made this journey. I'm sure you will here more about this soon enough! :)

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Yeah I am so excited for you! Can't wait to have you back in the south. There is a house for sale right next door to us.

The Stums said...

And a house next to us, too! No, we won't call you over to babysit. I can't speak for Rachel about that though...

Yea, Lisa! I know it will be hard to leave MN, but now you'll have a fun place to return to for visits.

Katie said...

HALLELUJAH!!! I've been dreaming of this day forever! Reunited, at last! This is the greatest news ever! I absolutely cannot wait for you to be back here! The countdown is ON! :) Can't wait to help you unpack and walk the puppies with you! YAY!

Jules said...

Lisa, I'm so excited for you. Sure wish I could be closer to all of ya'll! Best wishes for a quick and smooth transition!

SJonesG said...

There is a house across the street from us too! So glad you are moving back home!!!

Reverend Pastor Adam M. Reuss, co-heir with Christ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawn Virginia said...

Sorry about that last post (GetEpic).. I was on Adam's blog for church.. anyways
I can't help but feel slightly jealous in the fact that you get to move back first, but I know it'll be wonderful. AND we'll get to see you guys when we come home to visit!

Mandy Haynes said...

HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just wish your "South" was Charlotte but I'll take GA :)

Abigail said...

Holla! I'm sure there's a house for sale in my neighborhood that I should add to the list. I don't think it's all quite sunk in just yet that you will be near once again. It's been 4 years since we've lived in the same town! AHHH!!! EXCITED!!!

Teddie said...

I am so excited that ya'll are moving back "HOME"! There are several houses in my area for sale too. See you in a few days!

Joe and Micaleah said...

Lisa and John. We are so excited that God has worked it all out! Yay for coming back to Cleveland! Definite play dates for the dogs...it's a must. YAY!