About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Annie Get Your Guns

Early this morning...4am to be exact a large thud woke both John and I up. Our conversation went a little something like this....you could add a little profanity to get the whole picture, but I'll leave that part out...

me: "did you hear that...what in the world?"
John: in a concerned tone "yeah...I did....I don't see the motion light on though so that is good."
me: "good?...really? because it sounded like someone just ran through our living room"
John: "yeah, I know...."
John: "should I check it out"
me: "absolutely....where are your guns?"
John: "at K&M's place"
me" "seriously!?!....we are the ones that live in the freakin ghetto...why in the world would you leave your guns there!?" (good place to insert a curse word or two) ;)
John: "shoot...did you hear that again!?"
me: "UM YEAH!!!"
me: "I'm pretty sure it's coming from outside our window...I'm sweating" (as I fling the overs off)
John: "me too"
me: "Wait...I'm sweating b/c I'm freaking out."
John: "me too"

At this point I get pretty nervous because my husband that dismisses every noise I hear in the night and freak out about. My husband that always tells me it's nothing and to to back to sleep is sweating! sweating b/c he's getting nervous! we don't even have a TV, why our place? we know our neighbor was recently released from jail, but for what...probably burglary! there was a party going on when we went to bed around 11pm at the government housing...maybe they are hammered & ready for a real thrill?

John: "I guess I'll go see what's going on"
me: "with what!? you don't have a bat...nothing...grab your bow!"
John: "there are no arrows in here"
me: "they don't know that!"
John gets up to tour the house in his underwear and armed with nothing....
me: "WAIT, I think I know what it is"
John: "WHAT!? Don't startle me like that"
me: "There is like an apple tree or something on that side of the house....is it windy outside? it could be those falling on the roof and by our window"
John: "there is no apple tree"
me: "there is some kind of fruit tree, I swear"
me: "what time is it in Ohio, I'll text E and see if those things have ever fallen and scared her!"
John: "it's 4am there too...you're not texting her."

John then does a quick search around the house and makes sure all the doors are locked again. We lay there for the next two hours. Every now and then you would hear "can you sleep?" or "did you hear it again?" At some point we fell asleep because the alarm came way too early this morning.

Needless to say our priority today is to get the rest of our stuff from K&M's ;) My camera is still there too, but when I get it, I'll post a picture of the fruit tree...the one that John & I went out to see this morning before he left for work. He now believes me, but the last thing he said last night was, "it's not a person and it's not fruit, but I still don't know what it is."

4 comments:

Erica said...

haha oh man. great story!!

SJonesG said...

too funny! We've had a few nights like that in our 27 years! Fred always take a karate stance like he's going to kick whoever it is in the head! haha. My girls still laugh about it!

Rachel said...

That was so funny and I always already laughing and then I read Shirley's comment and pictured Fred in a karate stance and then I really got tickled. Edward is just sitting here staring at me. I could so hear the conversation between you and Jon.

Rachel said...

Um I made a typo..I was typing through tears of laughter...I meant to say...always was supposed to be was...oh well!