
I am pretty much content in each season of the year...except for winter. Winter is the only season I wish away. It's been one hot summer, but I'm still sad to see summer go because I love it so much. However, I can't be sad too long because it gives away to my favorite season of all...fall.
Here are 10 things we have to look forward to simply because it's fall:
1. Wearing jeans, a sweatshirt & flip flops. There is nothing like your body being warm, but your nose and ears a little cool! When I think of fall, I think of chilly temps and the warm sunshine.
2. LEAVES! I'm utterly amazed each year at the brilliant colors. I always want to collect my favorite leaves of the year and store them away in a box...I don't, but it's tempting each year.
3. bonfires! Bonfires usually mean I'm with people I love eating s'mores. yum! We built a fire pit on our patio & have plenty of wood stored up! Bonfire every night, anyone?
4. the clothes! I don't know if it's the layers or colors, but sometimes I feel the cutest in fall. Can someones say "cute boots!"
5. camping. I love to camp and it's a necessity to get out in the wilderness at least once a year for some lay on the hard ground, make dinner on the fire, smell like smoke all day tent camping. summer is too hot and winter is too cold so fall is the best time there is!
6. Seeing everyone's houses decorated with festive wreaths on the doors, pumpkins on the porch and pretty fall flowers! It's just energizing!
7. walks. I swear there is just something different in the air when you go for a walk in fall.
9. Did you know I love food!? Fall lets me use dormant recipes from summer & I almost always want some type of soup or comfort food.
10. Do you really think I would name a top 10 without mentioning FOOTBALL! The vols may not have the best year we've ever seen, but I can't wait to hear "Good Ol' Rockey Top" on a daily basis!!!! Get out your orange folks, IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!!!!!
What's your favorite thing about fall?



2 comments:
I agree with every single one of your reasons for fall!! It is my favorite season as well. I just went for a walk tonight with the pups and was thinking the exact same thing about it being "different." =)
Agreed!! Fall is DEFINITELY my favorite season...and I miss a Tennessee fall most of all!
Post a Comment