About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Southern Tour

I was bursting at the seams with excitement when some of our closest friends from Rochester decided to take their vacation time to visit us!!! We wanted to show them everything the south had to offer (and maybe persuade them to live here hint hint). Sadly their trip was cut short due to a death in the family, but we still got to spend some great quality time hanging out and sight seeing. We miss you guys already!!!!

We started their journey in good ol' Anderson SC. Nothing really sets Anderson apart like the Jockey Lot. We mainly went for the people watching and it did not disappoint! After that we hit some of the greatest spots our area has to offer...enjoy the photo tour!



1st time at Zaxbys!!

just one of the awesome shirts available for purchase at the jockey lot!


lovin' some cracker barrel!

We relaxed in the pool & even let Raleigh join in for the first time. She was in heaven! Kendall is kinda her best bud.


one of the things cut short was a rafting trip down the Ocoee, but at least they got to see it on our way home!

John was so excited to take Kendall golfing on a course with a different layout than what you would find in MN

what trip is complete without Gardner's Market on the menu! Bill was quite (shocker). Billy was as sweet as always



they got to see our first love...Lee U. ok, i'm a dork, but we were so proud to take them around campus. We visited their college when we lived in MN so it just made all things complete.
cook out time at the Turner's...some low country boil!

they got to meet our friends!!!

1st time at Waffle House..they loved it!

trying to make Kendall fit in :)

the Lost Sea was so much fun!



1st time at Sonic!


We were in the car a lot! haha

the charm of Gatlinburg

and all the tasty treats it has to offer!

Dixie Stampede!!! SO fun!


Yep, they were in a go-cart wreck!


I really think Cades Cove is God's country



momma bear with 2 cubs in the tree! I wanted to hold that cub so bad! ;)


that's right. I know you were all thinking "surely they took them to the applebarn!" Are you kidding, that is really the whole reason we went to galtinburg anyway.

we finished our last night together in the art district of Chattanooga. We walked the bridge & ate at Tony's to celebrate our anniversary's (we're ann. neighbors)

Thanks again for coming! Y'all come back now ya hear! (i just had to..sorry)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pics! Were you and Andi wearing the same shoes in your campus pic:)?! If so, are they comfortable shoes? Miss you guys!

The Life of Rookie Parents said...

oh my gosh...how many times have I had to endure the jockey lot of Anderson!! lol. Mario thinks its the greatest thing ever created!

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

Carol, we are! I got them for Andi on her birthday and John got them for me on my b-day. They finally got kids sizes ;) They aren't just sooo comfortable, but when you buy a pair of "Tom's" a new pair of shoes is given to a child in need! It's pretty awesome, you would love them.

http://www.toms.com/movement-one-for-one

Shawn Virginia said...

Oh my gosh! How many days did it take to fit all this in??? You def. captured sooo much wonderfulness of the South:-) Great food choices!