About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Friday, February 18, 2011

There are things about me that you should know....


First, my memory is horrific. I have a few friends that I can call on when I need to know what I wore to a specific occasion years ago or if I had a college class with someone or not. I think God knew that they needed to be in my life for me to simply survive. I've told myself before that my lack of memory is simply a way for me to live in the "now" of life, but the truth is I'm not even very good at that. I catch myself living more in the future...planing out each detail or dreading something that hasn't even happened yet. I'm completely clueless when it comes to birthdays so if you ever actually get a birthday card from me, cherish it b/c it's evidence on earth that God still does miracles!

I can never say no. It doesn't matter if it's someone asking me for a favor or asking about dinner plans. The truth is, I will drop just about anything that I have going on for myself to be with people...helping, talking, listening or simply eating.

I'm not really the "clean as you go" type of person. Some people have the greatest talent of putting things back in their place immediately after using them. I wish I was one of those people, but I'm more of the type that lets all hell break loose and then cleans on the weekends. AND you never ever want to come to my house if I'm in project mode....it's as if a hand grenade went off in the craft box and landed on every flat surface in the house! However, I'm getting a little better at this & am making a conscious effort to change this nasty habit.

I think it's important you also know that I could never give up sweats. My world would be lost without them. I'm sure fashion blogs will use this post as an example of blasphemy, but the truth is the truth. I will pick a t-shirt and gray sweats over just about anything in my closet. Feel free to use this post when you submit me to "What Not To Wear" on TLC.

While we are on the subject of things I can't live without...Mexican and Italian food should be mentioned. If my stomach didn't taste a chimichanga, pizza or pasta on a regular basis, it just might think my body had been invaded by an alien & attach my immune system. ok...a little dramatic, but I think you get the picture.

You should also know that my pessimistic realistic mind is constantly turning. It takes me down some scary paths at times, but also some hysterically funny ones. oh...if I even said half the things that run through my mind! I tend to be logical, but I also understand that the heart is irrationally vulnerable and illogically loving at times. I'm learning more and more each day that religion seems to fit more into the logical box, while God is in the heart box...and he's starting to show me that a lot of my issues with "him" so to speak aren't fair since he's not even in the same box. I'm really starting to warm up to the heart dwelling God...and he's reteaching me words like grace, mercy and even love. In fact, he's reteaching me just about everything and I would be lying if I said it was a beautiful process because it's ugly...very very ugly & painful.

But...now that I've stopped accusing him of some very religious actions that he's not responsible for, I'm starting to let him speak again....he's telling me who he is & I'm enjoying the story...

2 comments:

ErieContrary said...

GREAT post!!!

Abigail said...

Good to hear Lisa. When one of us is up... the other is down... so good thing we have each other in those times. =)