

Jax looks like a malnourished dog next to Raleigh these days. He hasn't really changed in weight, but she is quite the tubby chubby. I'm partly to blame for this. It seems John stopped feeding her 2 cups of food awhile back...when she was like 6 months old or something, but I have continued to do so until a few weeks ago. I had no idea we cut her food back now that she is full grown...the last time I checked John said 2 cups so that's where I've stayed. Anyway, she will eat whatever amount of anything that you give her & if she can, she'll eat Jax's food too! Jax on the other hand must be constantly watching his weight b/c there are times he just won't eat. I say he's for sure my dog b/c he would prefer to stay in his kennel on his warm bed almost any morning than get up to eat breakfast.
So, this Saturday Jax wasn't eating...again. I picked up a piece of food and threw it at him & told him he was anorexic. :) He ate it....so I threw another piece....he ate that too. So I then decided it would be funny to see if he would crawl forward for a piece...and he did (to my pleasure). Like many things to me, this became a game. John and I set out piece by piece to see how far he would crawl to eat his food one by one. When we ran out of space in the hallway we just put the rest of his food there (gold at the end of a rainbow if you will). Yes, this is totally lame, but it cracked us up & became another thing to keep up from laundry and chores....isn't that what Saturday mornings are for!?
This takes me back to when Jax was our only friend/entertainment in MN...and to think we almost didn't bring him!



3 comments:
That is hilarious!
I LOVE this post!! I was laughing so hard watching the video... All I think of is the time you had Jax in the car when CPC walked up! Priceless, this dog is priceless!!
I just laughed out loud remembering that horrifying moment! hahahaha
Post a Comment