About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!


Mothers Day weekend was so great!

Friday night my parents came up (after I got back from NM & enjoyed a long nap)! We dined out at Carabbas, which is ohhh sooo good!

Saturday I went to book club in the morning to discuss "The Same Kinda Different As Me," which was fantastic & will be a movie this year! Please read it! In the afternoon John & dad finished up working on some stuff in the yard while mom & I tried out my new Hoover FloorMate for cleaning hardwood floors. I love things that clean! It works like a dream, better than my steam mop! My only con is that it weights a lot & wears you out! That evening we had a nice steak meal from the grill. Oh so yummy!

Sunday we all went to First Baptist in Cleveland to see Emory get dedicated. We then joined her family for a mothers day lunch, which was also delicious! That evening we went over to Shirley & Freds for some more wonderful food & fellowship! It's just a reminder that "family" doesn't always mean blood & I'm so thankful for those in my life that I truly consider my "family."

What a wonderful weekend!!!!

I got mom Laura Bush's new book "From The Heart" for Mothers Day. She talks about 911, her early days of marriage to George & the tragic event of killing her friend in a car accident when she was younger. I hope you enjoy it, mom!

I should go on the record real quick to say that I have an unbelievable mother & also a wonderful mother-in-law. I'm so blessed that John's family & my family have blended so well & honestly enjoy one another company. I know that is rare & I do not take it for granted. I don't know why God saw it fit to bless me in this way, but I'm not complaining!

No comments: