About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday's Thought

There are two types of ppl. in this world.
1. Eat to Live
2. Live to Eat

I fall in the latter category. I LOOOVVEE me some food. On one hand I wish I didn't. I'm sure certain places on my body would have less cushion if I didn't gorge myself on bread & pasta. It's like I can't stop when that stuff is around.

I used to not have a sweet tooth, but lately I've even dipped into that a little more.

I also wish I didn't eat meat...I would be healthier if I could eat stuff like tofu. John could have an entire meal of just meat...I eat a little and devour the sides. Besides, it's really against my nature & love for animals to eat them, but when I smell a juicy steak on the grill, my
love for food takes over all rationality. I've thought about reading Sinclair's "The Jungle" b/c I'd prob. be a vegetarian after that, but something always stops me...and I think it's the thought of chicken squares for dinner.

(side note: I could live off Mexican and Italian for the rest of my life and be just fine.)

However, if I was a "eat to live" person it wouldn't take away some of the simplest pleasures that brighten my day like: bing cherries on a hot summer day, a papaya with fresh squeezed lime juice, fresh hot bread in an Italian dipping sauce, fresh corn on the cob smothered in butter, baked peppers with feta cheese, fresh pineapple, cream cheese on anything...need I go on?

So to all of you "eat to live" people out there...I envy your passionless appetite & to all of you "live to eat" people...we should start a running group!

1 comment:

Shawn Virginia said...

HAHA- this was hilarious! I'm TOTALLY with you and was thinking about how much I eat meals just so I can have dessert. I would do anything for a cookie/muffin/cake/sweet.... anything:-) And my mid-section likes to prove that:-)