About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Anniversary!






Four years ago today I completely gave my heart over to Mr. John David Turner & I've not regretted that decision for a moment.

I never would have thought I'd marry that guy on Lee's campus with the bushy, curly, long hair. That guy that would normally make me roll my eyes at or never give the time a day. I never thought I'd marry the guy that thinks shooting innocent forest animals is "fun" or never takes anything too seriously, but that is exactly the guy I married. Someone very different from me...someone who has opened my eyes and helped me see the world from another view, a better view.

If someone would to ask me how long I've been married I would say "maybe 2 years" because it feels like just the other day we were planning our wedding & feeding each other cake. It's hard to believe it's really been 4 years. So far our journey has been filled with amazing memories, adventures in MN, meeting new people & growing closer to old friends. We've learned the most aggravating things about each other can sometimes be the most charming. We've learned how best to communicate with one another & when to let sleeping dogs lie. Most importantly we've learned we're best together no matter what the circumstance.

John, I've loved watching you grow from the carefree college boy to the successful man you are today. Thank you for being on this journey with me and pointing out all the things I would have missed with my own eyes. Thank you for loving me despite myself at times! Thank you for laughing at me when I'm acting my worst instead of getting angry or frustrated. Thank you for making me laugh like no other person on this planet can. Part of who I am today is because of you and I've loved watching that mismatched couple grow into who we are today. I love that you believe in me so much more than I actually believe in myself and how you try to show me through your eyes. I'm so glad we're "on the same team" & that is never going to change.

I love you!

No comments: