About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Monday, September 22, 2008

High School Ministry

John & I have decided to help out with the high school ministry at our church. We're really looking forward to it! The youth pastor Reggie called us a couple of weeks ago and asked if we would help with a co-ed high school small group. The small group will be student lead. Our main responsibility is to help those leaders become the best leaders they can be & pour as much as we can into their lives. We'll host the group at our house every week on Monday night & will be involved in the discussion, but their peers lead this discussion. It will be interesting to see this all unfold and we're pretty excited to be a part of it.


High school wasn't my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I have some great memories from that time in my life, but there were definitly lonely periods. It was however the time I got super close to Marbi, Andrew, Alyssa & Mandy. I wouldn't trade any moment of h.s. for that reason alone. They are still some of the most important people in my lives. If I can even be a fraction of the support & encouragement they were to me then I know this adventure is worth the journey!

We've really enjoyed our church. It's helped us get involved and meet people. We went bowling with the youth leaders Reggie, Karlee & their two kids Selah & Levi two weekends ago. We had so much fun despite the fact that I'm an awful awful bower. I really didn't remember being that bad, but I indeed am! They moved here shortly after we did from Alabama. Rochester is still fairly new to all of us so it's fun to discover it together...as we go. Here are a few pic. from that night.

Keep us in your prayers as we take on this new task. It's exciting and scary at the same time!


http://www.autumnridgechurch.org/

Yay for bowling!


Karlee showing the boys how it's done!


Precious little Selah



Little brother Levi



Karlee & Selah

1 comment: