About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

camo vests & orange hats!

This past weekend John joined some friends to pheasant hunt. The boys left early in the morning on Saturday & came home around dinner time.

This was the first time John took Raleigh! He was pleased with how she did for her first hunt. It was the first time she was around real gunfire & live birds. John said she did not like the feathers in her mouth at first (as would any princess), but eventually warmed up to the idea of picking up birds instead of bumpers. She was so exhausted from running for 6 hours straight that she wouldn't even eat dinner! Laying down was more important to her. She finally nibbled on a little when I put the bowl where she could reach it & remain laying down.

She is still a puppy and still has a good amount of learning to do, but John was very proud of her first time in the field.


Chris with his gun. John swears Raleigh is in this pic. too, but I can't find her.

Finding the birds.
Last night we had Karlee & Reggie over for a pheasant feast! John cooked the pheasant two different ways. The first was in a crock pot with cream of mushroom soup and wild rice. The other way was deep fried and dipped in Frank's hot sauce. I'm not going to lie, it was actually really good. I'm not sure if I could tell the difference between pheasant or chicken. I think I should get a cookie for my courageous effort of actually eating it for an entire meal. Thank you....thank you very much!

1 comment:

Erica said...

I had no idea that you had pictures! Awesome! Do you have more at home?? And thanks for posting Chris on your blog..he'll love it. ha OH - and WAY TO GO on eating the full meal of pheasant! I'm not there yet.