We started off inside, but as the night progressed we decided to make a fire and sit outside with the dogs. The weather was amazing and this way we got to watch all of the people. The kids enjoyed petting the puppies too.
Here's one of my favorite stories of the night. There were probably 8 kids crowded at the door & not all of them could get to the candy dish at the same time. I watched this one little boy stand back and patiently wait for all the other kids to take their turn. He overheard the "tin-man" ask me if he could take a hand full (which I let him). So, when it was his turn he said, "I don't need a handful--just one so we don't take more than we can eat." I had to refrain from dumping the entire bowl in his bag.
One unpredictable moment was when two women came to the door with the bible fully prepared to lead us to the Lord. The first thing she said was, "are you saved?" I laughed to myself that my whole life growing up in the bible belt this never happened, but here...now....in Minnesota I'm getting witnessed to on Halloween. I commend them for taking action because I'm not preaching like that for Jesus, but I wonder how effective it is!? I guess that's a whole nother blog!
John's favorite moment of the night was when a kid dressed as a cave man came up and started dancing and grunting around the fire. It cracked John up! He was older (high school prob.) so he wasn't cute, but it was pretty creative!
After the doorbell stopped ringing we finally watched our movie & had sparkling grape juice (it's my favorite!) I loved seeing all the kiddos dressed up. I hope you all had a wonderful night too!
Jax eagerly waiting for more trick-or-treaters!
Hangin' out outside by the fire!
Last bowl of candy!

Raleigh with her "treat" for Halloween!




No comments:
Post a Comment