
This is something I look forward to every single year. There are a group of us girls that went to Lee together & happened to be in DZT together. Learning from those before us we knew that staying close & in touch after college would be hard work, but we vowed to give it our best shot. We started with "the newsletter" that would be sent out every month & recap what was going on in each other's lives. It was great, but over time it just didn't seem to fit our busy lifestyles. Email updates have replaced the newsletter & although they aren't as witty or fun, they still get the goal accomplished & serve the purpose of keeping us all in the loop.
"Family Vacation" as we like to call it was always part of the plan. We live all over.... MD, DC, VA, TN, SC (not MN anymore), but you get the picture. So, we wanted to know that at least once a year we would see each other. We would plan a specific time and place to get together & laugh, play, relax, catch up, eat & spend lots of time together. This year was our 3rd year strong & so far we've only had 1 or 2 missing each time. You have to admit, that is a pretty good percentage! As of now it's been over a long weekend just because none of us have a ton of vacation time available, but it may expand in the future.
Arhmin & Steve headed up this trip to St. Pete Beach, FL. We keep growing as people get married so we decided to split up! 9 girls in one house and 8 boys in the other! The houses were in a rock throwing distance from each other & the beach was less than a mile away. With the amount of umbrellas, chairs, coolers & toys we hauled to the beach daily, you would think we had about 10 kids with us! Next year we'll have 2 kiddos with us since the Thompson's and Baldwin's are expecting their first!
I didn't do the best job at taking pictures this year, but there were so many cameras there I'm not too worried about it. We ate at Havana Cafe (awesome Cuban food), The Wharf (awesome seafood) & grilled out for dinner. We made lunch at the house except for one day when we walked down the beach to a little cafe. We also got to see Sara & Julie who live in the FL area. That was such an awesome treat!!! Thanks girls for driving to see us, it was a highlight for sure!!!!
The boys had a great time. I guess they got use to not seeing us girls all that much on the two previous trips b/c we couldn't get them to hang out with us this time! They are always playing in the water, inventing games or fishing. I can't complain too much since I'm so glad they all get along and really enjoy hanging out!
Who knows where we'll be next year. Skiing, a cruise or the Outer Banks is what I've heard buzzing around. I don't care where it is or when it is...just as long as it happens! :) Thank you girls for being my sanity at times & always reminding me that investing in friendships is well worth the effort! Until next year...
We stopped here on the drive down. This chick-fil-a had a buffet & sit down restaurant. What!? No, it's not heaven, it's in GA!
group photo!!!
our best "ninge & judie chop"
we can't wait for the babies to get here!
here is a video of the boys playing "water rugby" that they invented with a flat football. There are no rules...although "no pinching or jumping on the pile" develops later in round 2. :)



3 comments:
You are so blessed to be able to do this. I wish I had friends that I could do this with. I hope you girls cherish every moment. Oh, and the guys playing in the pool is priceless. Those silly boys!
It was SO awesome to be able to visit with all of you. I DID NOT want it to end!!!
This post makes me happy, Lisa. Thanks for the recap.
So... you live like 2.5 miles from me now and I've NOT seen you? What is up with that?
Post a Comment