
I love Christmas...really really love it, but it does not feel like Christmas to me yet. I'm not sure what the deal is. I keep forgetting it's even December. It just feel like it's not time yet. I'm trying my hardest to wrap my head around the fact that it is the month of December and Christmas is right around the corner by listening to Christmas carols on pandora, but it's just not doing the trick.
I think it's because of two reasons. The first is that our house is not decorated for Christmas. :(
The last two years my parents have come up to MN for Thanksgiving and we've gotten our Christmas tree the DAY AFTER and decorate the entire house for Christmas with eggnog and Christmas carols playing. That isn't going to happen this year. We still live with boxes around!
The second reason is becasue...well....it's warm outside! One of the best things about MN was December. It felt like Christmas outside. Snow would be falling and hot chocolate and scarves weren't just trendy, they were necessary! It felt magical! I could still go outside in a sweatshirt right now and not freeze. It just makes me feel it's no where near Christmas yet.
The second reason is becasue...well....it's warm outside! One of the best things about MN was December. It felt like Christmas outside. Snow would be falling and hot chocolate and scarves weren't just trendy, they were necessary! It felt magical! I could still go outside in a sweatshirt right now and not freeze. It just makes me feel it's no where near Christmas yet.
I hope that changes soon! I don't want it to pass me up!!



3 comments:
I feel the same...I wore short sleeves today. I went on a cruise for Thanksgiving and that kind of messed me up because I came back wishing it was summer already, not Christmas! I have the Christmas stuff up and most of the gifts bought but it still seems so early for it to be here.
How funny is it that you're kinda missing Minnesota? Oh, How the world turns:-)
I know exactly how you feel. It's 80 degrees here and I'm not kidding. We've had like 1 cold day. I'm missing TN weather something aweful!! Just turn on the Christmas music in your car; it will help you get in the mood quicker...or at least that's what I'm hoping!
Post a Comment