About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Merry Merry Christmas!

I'll try to make this as quick as possible, but we covered a lot in a little amount of time!

Thursday: these people joined the already house full to set up camp for the remainder of the week.



and we realized Janet would be doing a lot of this throughout the weekend... ;)


John and I prepared a Italian feast thanks to recipes from my Rochester cookbook & Cameron's chicken Parmesan. Nothin' like Italian for Christmas eve right?


Friday: Christmas morning came & brought lots of gifts, fun & laughter
One of my favorite gifts I got...handmade house shoes made by Dott Turner
and one of my favorite gifts to give was new hunting boots to John...

Christmas dinner was set up in the living room & we had all the traditional fixins with deep fried turkey & oven roasted ham






Saturday:
Julia enjoyed coloring with some of her new Christmas gifts...

the boys put up a fence in the backyard...


We had visitors & Raleigh met her new boyfriend Denali...

the kids came & we watched them open their gifts...


(special shout out to Katie for making this Christmas extra special for Brooke!)


the kids enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub...

Caleb finally got his Christmas wish...until he fell asleep anyway

Sunday:
Everything came and went so fast. The Turner crew packed up and headed out and my parents stayed another night so we could use my dad's truck in the morning and return the rented auger for the fence. We enjoyed a quiet dinner at Big River in Chatty so (quoted by JDT) "someone can pour my cup, fix my dinner & clean up the mess!"
Thanks everyone for my Christmas cards...the tree is filling up fast! I love it! It's a great reminder of how blessed we are with wonderful friends and family. We really are blessed by the relationships we surround ourselves with & I'm deeply thankful for each and every one of them. Merry Christmas to all of you that make my life a little brighter by being in it...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Next year I'm going to have to steal your Christmas card tree idea! I had trouble coming up with a way to show my cards. Looks like you had a fab Christmas!

Emily said...

Lis I've been checking out your blog and I love it. So fun! You've inspired me. My blog is so boooooring these days! I love your Christmas card holder! xo