About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Friday, January 22, 2010

modern marriage


I saw on the news that in 1 of every 5 marriages (in the US) the woman makes more than the man! That's a startling difference from 1970 when only 4% of women earned more than their husband and today it's 22%.

Do most men really care? I don't think they do...it's not an issue like it used to be. In our marriage it's not an issue anyway. It's not really something we ever think about or talk about. It makes sense that I would make more at this point on our marriage because I've been with the same company longer & had more time to get raises and such, but I'm sure there will be a time when John makes more than I do. I don't think either of us care either way. In fact, when I think about my friends, a lot of the wives make more than their husbands. I've never really thought about it until now.

Watch this quick clip here, very interesting.

2 comments:

The Stums said...

I think you are right, Lisa, if the man is doing something either in his "calling" or in a field that truly interests him. If he's bagging groceries while you're getting paid well to do something you love to do, my experience has been that he's not so cool with it. And by my experience, I mean Jake. He'd tell you the same thing so don't fear that I'm betraying him.

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

very true..when I was working and John was looking for a job it was rough. John referred to me as his "sugar momma" in those days. :)