About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

See Rover Run


I've started running a little in the morning.

GASP!

I know, I'm still shocked myself.

I've noticed Raleigh LOVES it. She is "that type" that lives for the run & will stay right beside me without a leash. No dog, cat or smell will distract her from this mission. Jax is quite opposite.
He doesn't seem to enjoy it as much. He would much rather sniff a blade of grass if I let him or take his precious time accomplishing the task...it is early after all. He has to remain on the leash for that very reason. If he wasn't leashed I think he would wait there for us to make our circle then walk with us home. He gets super excited when I get my shoes on & their leashes out, but half way through the task he starts lagging behind & I think he wishes he would have stayed in bed.

I can relate...I wish I would have stayed in bed too!

My motivation...the fact that I couldn't fit in my wedding dress if my life depended on it. I can't even blame any of it on "baby weight" b/c I don't have kids. I also feel like it's now or never when it comes to living a healthier lifestyle. My poison of choice...moderation. I'm not going to diet or start a strict exercise routine with an end date. I'm simply going to do what I already know...drink more water, eat more healthy, exercise. I'm not going to step on a scale at all. Strict diets & weighing on the scale just discourages me...I get way too wrapped up in it all and it stresses me out to the point I quit. I just hope to have more energy & start to see my clothes fitting better.

Here is to being more of a Raleigh runner (I know people just like her). It may not be a good smelling blade of grass, but I've got my own list of distractions! Hopefully I'll start to enjoy it & crave it like she does. Jax actually has it made if you think about it...no need for self motivation at all! Maybe if I had someone put a leash on me and make me run...ok..ok...that is plan B.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

I think that's a good way to start. You'll feel healthier and happier and that's really all that matters. =)