About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

When It Rains...It Pours!

I only wish I was talking about the weather.

Jax has never had issues with any other dog. We took him to the dog park in Rochester where he was exposed to all breeds, shapes & sizes of dogs. Our neighbors have two Chesapeake bay retrievers. They look like this & weigh around 100 lbs. each. They have never had issues with other dogs & I've seen small dogs playing with them in their fence from time to time.

John decided to walk over with Jax and let the dogs play since he was talking outside with our neighbor & the dogs were barking at one another. All went well for about 10 minutes until Jax became their chew toy. I've never seen him scared like that, but with one behind him and his leg in the mouth of the other he was exactly that. The boys got them separated, but Jax has a gash in his front leg from the bite & can't walk on it. He's currently at the vet with John right now...we're praying for no x-rays.
this was this morning after the bleeding had stopped, there are small puncture wounds on the back of the leg, but this was the biggest.


He was pitiful all night. We would have taken him to get stitches that night if it wasn't so expensive. After we bathed him & got him bandaged up, John convinced me that it wouldn't be a big deal to let him curl up at my feet in our bed. He put down a few old sheets & put him at my feet. I wasn't a fan of this. I don't like anyone or anything touching me when I sleep. I also can't have noise or light and require about 2 fans, but that is another post. John kept telling me he would prob. try to chew off his bandage if we let him & we could prevent it if he was in our bed.

and so the worst night of sleep began...

At first I didn't even notice him since I could stretch out and not touch him at all... until he decided to move in between both of us. I was too tired to fight it. I figured he must want to be close since he wasn't feeling well. I tossed and turned...he was laying way to close!


"John...hey...JOHN, can you move him, I can't take this...he's pushing me off the side of the bed."

"Lisa, if he rips that bandage off & it's too raw for vet to put stitches in tomorrow you are going to regret that. I've got as much room as you do, you are fine."

large huff "yeah,but he's not chewing it in our bed so he won't chew it in his!"

"look, I'll move to the guest bed so you can have more room, but I won't hear him chew it, I sleep too hard, you can!"

"Fine, and move him to the bottom of the bed."

We flip the lights on...and what do we find....


RALEIGH!


Jax was sleeping in her bed on the floor and SHE was the one curled up between us...making me hot....making me fall out of bed! Talk about a classic "bait & switch!" How we didn't notice a skinny little guy being replaced by this 60 lb. beast, I have no idea!


Needless to say Jax was fine on the floor & not chewing off his bandage & Raleigh quickly joined him! I stretched out taking up every square inch I possibly could. Sweet bliss.

We've not had this much drama with our dogs since we've had them! Let's hope this is the last of the rain clouds over our heads!

1 comment:

ErieContrary said...

Oh my word...it started out so bad but ended so funny!!!