About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Colorado, day 2

Sunday was more of a tourist kinda day. We headed out to Estes Park & drove all day through the Rocky Mountain national park. It was great, but rained almost the whole day. :(On the way there we stopped at a stand and got elk jerky. Surprisingly it was actually good. We just missed the road work scheduled to start on Monday with a lot of expected delays!


The first thing we saw when entering the park was big horn sheep laying in the mud. I wish we could have gotten closer, but between the rain and the park rangers that wasn't an option.

The big horn sheep.

We still got to see spectacular views throughout our long day in the car and managed to see the entire park! We entered the park from the SE side and crossed over the Continental divide down to Denver. We also were able to spot some large mule deer and finally as we were leaving... a moose!! We also visited the highest paved US highway just over 12,000 feet.
The mule deer.

She was so big!

Our picnic that happend in the car thanks to the rain. :)

The tundra with snow in the mts.

1 comment:

Katie said...

This post cracks me up because of all of the pictures of animals. I can just imagine you're excitement as you see all the wildlife there. And it makes me miss you!!! :) Even though I don't share your same appreciation for birds and stuff... haha! Even though I'm loving reading about your trip, I can't wait to hear everything when you get home. Miss you!