About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mt. Olympus Theme & Water Park

Yesterday John and I headed to the Wisconsin Dells with Kendall and Andi. It was a great way to get the house stuff off our minds and spend the day with friends. We left the dogs outside all day & decide to make them a "treat." We froze treats & toys in a bowl to keep them occupied. I had to take a picture of our creation. :) They LOVED it!
On the way there I got a call from my dad. It's been forever since we talked on the phone & it was so great to hear his voice. When I was little and he traveled I would make my mom call our answering machine every night so I could hear his voice say "this is the davis residence.." I was disappointed to hear he has to stay in Japan longer. He'll be back Sept. 11. I'm so proud of my dad...he's such a hard worker!

We had PERFECT weather and truly had a BLAST! We left around 7:30am and didn't get back until 1:00am this morning. We took full advantage of our day there. We started the day with go-carts & the roller coasters. All the coasters at this park are wooden, which means they are abusive! Kendall pretty much lost a toe nail on the Cyclopes & I'm suffering from a stiff neck thanks to Hades (how appropriate!). John keeps laughing at me for turning my entire body when I'm trying to look left.

This is probably where my neck snapped!



We weren't happy to see bolts under the coaster as we waited in line!

Go-Carts!!

After the coasters we grabbed lunch and headed to the water park! We went down the world's fastest lazy river, several awesome water slides, another not so fast lazy river and several wave pools. One of the wave pools was called "Poseidon's rage" and the waves were HUGE! Kendall made the mistake of keeping his debit card and license in a Velcro pocket in his swim shorts & it looked like Poseidon claimed them. It was a miracle that a complete stranger walked up to him with his license in hand and said, "are you kendall?" Thank God a lifeguard found his debit card.

Navigating where to head next!


Thought I was lying about the waves huh!?


We left the park and took a "army duck" tour. The DUKW was used to transport soldiers and goods through water and land. They were used in landings in the Mediterranean, Pacific, on the beaches of Normandy and during Operation Plunder. Our tour was an hour long and took us through downtown, woods and to the river. It was really fun!

John & Kendall learning about the "ducks"


It just drove into the water!!



I'm posing in an old army ambulance!

We ate dinner at "Paul Bunyan's" and had all you can eat chicken, ribs, veges & cake. It was awesome! The boys were in heaven!The dells are only about 2.5 hrs. away. It's great to get out of town...even if it's just for one day! I'm so glad we were able to squeeze in another fun filled trip before summer comes to an end.

No comments: