About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Colorado, day 3

Monday was a lot of fun. I had doctor offices to visit in Colorado Springs (an hour away from where we are staying) so we planned on staying there until dark taking in the sights. I'm so glad we did.

Our first stop was to the house John lived in when he was little. When we were taking the picture the owner pulled up on his Harley. We explained John used to live here & he invited us in to see the rest of the house. It was for sure a bachelor pad! It was cool that John remembered some of the rooms...despite the mess. :)

After that we headed to the Garden of the Gods. The pic. below is of John changing in the car. It was a neat place. We got to see a mule deer up close!The velvet is still on his antlers.
Afterwards we headed to Seven Falls to see the waterfall and do a little hiking. It was so pretty! It was 224 steps up to the top of the waterfall and they were very steep. After that we hiked to "inspiration point." It was amazing and the pictures do NOT do it justice. You could see Colorado Springs from the top. There was also a grave for Helen someone who wrote a famous book while sitting at that exact spot. I would include a pic. of her gravestone, but it wasn't anything spectacular. :)
The 1/2 way point of the waterfall
Not so thrilled about this bear sign!
King of the mountain!


Just hangin' off the mountain

Sneaky deer eating that lady's flowers. I love all the wildlife here. A little later we saw a baby deer with it's momma.

I'm so sad we didn't get a picture of the restaurant we ate at that night b/c it was soooo cute. We ate outside in downtown CO Springs at a brick oven pizza place. It was called Il Vicino. yum! Also, I have to mention that this day August 11 was our 2ND YEAR ANNIVERSARY! I'll write more about that when I post about our celebration dinner later in the week. Don't expect anything too mushy though...you know me!

1 comment:

Erica said...

HAPPY BELATED ANNIVERSARY, Lisa and John! I even talked to you on this day, didn't I? Dang it! Sorry! Oh well - if anyone will understand someone forgetting a date, it is you. :) haha And I mean that in a good way! I hope your day was awesome though! It sure does look like it was!