About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Colorado Day 7

I just realized the other day that I did not post about our last day in Colorado! Colorado is know for it's beautiful sunny weather & most of the time we were there it truly was beautiful. However....it was not sunny & beautiful the last day. It was cold and rained all day. To make matters worse, I wasn't feeling well. I was sad it was our last day, but also ok with it because I could tell it was on the verge of getting sick (which I did when we got back).

John still wanted to go to Mt. Evans & I was willing to go despite not feeling well b/c it's supposed to be one of the best places to see wildlife in CO. We didn't see much wildlife, but it was still fun. The rest of the day/night was spent packing & watching the Olympics in the hotel room. That was great! :)
Not sure where we are, but we found a pretty creek!
Don't ya love it when your GPS says "unnamed road." So helpful! :)
The fog blocked our views, but was still pretty.
These hummingbirds were at the entrance of the park. I took their pic. while John paid to enter the park. I love them!
This was our view the whole time on the mountain!
John did NOT care! :)
The rain turned to snow the higher we got on the mt.
At the top!
Um.....not so much

John decided to fill our water bottle with "pure rockey mt. water." I didn't think it was a good idea, but he drank most of it.

We found a mom-n-pop place for lunch. It was great to have warm soup & a BLT. John had a hamburger....yummmm! Told ya I was sick :)

I bought our souvenir for our trip here. I got a Christmas ornament & a vase.

This concludes Colorado! We had a great time & can't wait to go back!!! YAY!

No comments: