Here is the background--the sales staff (3 of us) and the shipping staff (3 of them) have always gotten along pretty well. They have always joked about how all sales does is "create more work for them" and "give away free stuff" etc. However lately there seemed to be a little more tension than normal. Our boss is not exactly like Michael Scott & we actually wish he favored him more, but on occasion Brian and Michael become one. This one one of those occasions. We were called into his office to discuss the tension with shipping. He informs us that his solution is to make us "to go lunch together." Just the 6 of us...to discuss our issues and work them out. Isn't that exactly with Michael would do if the shipping crew wasn't getting along with the office staff...or make them go camping/shopping/some team building event together.
The lunch itself started out pretty awkward as you could imagine, but by the end everything was fine....I guess that is what food does to ya! I think sales is going to have an issues with Quality Assurance, Customer Service & production before the year is out. ;)
happy work family



4 comments:
hahaha. A classic office moment. Right up there with our drunk associate on the airplane, our very own party planning committee, and breaking a 20 for a 1 dollar payback expense report. Almost as good as the office.....and better when you consider ours is real!
I have no idea what you said because I'm so distracted by the pig riding on a hot sauce bottle in the background. Someone stepped back from that masterpiece and though, "oh yeah. now THAT will sell some pork..."
At least you didn't have to put a picture of babies playing saxaphones on a t-shirt and wear it to work. (win/win/win)
And at worst, you didn't have to go eat at Benihana or Hooters.
*I got to your blog via Rachel Hicks! :-)
Lisa,
I often thought our time in the admissions office was like the Office. Glad you found another great group to work with! haha
Post a Comment