About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Birthday, Andi!

This past weekend John & I celebrated Andi's birthday with the Koens in the cities. Saturday night we went to a dinner theater and saw "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers!" at The Chahassen. It was absolutely wonderful! I was so impressed with the food, singing & dancing, very well done!! We then stayed at the The Marquette Hotel in downtown Minneapolis.



Sunday was jam packed with walking around downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul. One of our first stops was at the sculpture garden. The boys were too funny walking around not appreciating the "art." In fact it would have been nice to have one of those kid leashes to keep them off the sculptures. Let's just say they weren't a good influence on the actual kids there with their parents.

checkin' out the giant fish

there are only supposed to look at that

famous MSP sculpture...and againWhen we found this guy Kendall said, "finally something worth looking at" hahaaren't we strong?"the walking man" and his girlfriendloved this horse, it's actually metal, but looks like wood!
After the sculpture garden we headed to St. Paul and stopped at Northwestern where Andi and Kendall went to college. It was a beautiful campus on a lake!!!!!

they were married at the college's chapel up the way!

baby duck, so cute!
We grabbed lunch in downtown St. Paul and ate the best burger I've ever had. The food went perfect with the great weather and skyscrapers!
Then, we decided to see the Cathedral of St. Paul & walk around Summit Avenue. This street was amazing! The houses were all so different and just gorgeous. Lucky for us there was an open house & we totally took the tour. I loved it!



they want how much!?!?!


Cathedral of Saint Paul, not a house on summit ave, but I could understand any one's confusion!

We randomly found this little malt shop on our way to the Mall of America headed home. Snuffy is their dog's name!!! They were delicious & the perfect ending to a wonderful weekend of fun! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANDI!!!!!!

No comments: