About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Yard Sale!

Have you ever realized how much stuff we have, but don't even use? It's just stored away...out of sight, out of mind. Our small group decided to combine all our stuff & have a yard sale for a cause. We thought it would be nice if all our proceeds went to the student ministry at church. The kids are trying to raise money for a missions trip & we've all been there before!

My neighborhood has an annual neighborhood garage sale where almost every house participates. It draws tons of people & is advertised in the paper & all over town. There is even a website about it! Sadly, no one could take off work on Friday to man the station so we were only open for business on Saturday. Saturday was cold...it was in the 40's and the wind was like knocking us over. We were in toboggans, gloves and layers. We're pretty sure that is why we didn't make much money & have a ton of stuff left over. Everything is currently in our garage & we're discussing trying again this weekend. Wish us luck!

I can't complete this post without highlighting one of Rochester's finest. I hope somehow she finds this blog & feels awful. After bargaining me down on every item she put in her over sized Macy's bag (that we provided), she waited until the 3 of us girls were separated to pay me $1 for a book. I asked her about the other items stuffed in the bag & she told me she had already paid one of us for them earlier. She was in her car pulling away before I realized she had not paid anyone. She knew it was a fundraising yard sale too... in John's words...."takin' from the children!"

Here are a few pics. of us setting up! I'm surprised at how much stuff we had since none of us have kids!
Kerri organizing away

chaos at first
full men's suits for $10, can't beat that!


making our signs

the boys "helping" / playing corn hole


apparently this became a gentleman's game with a sport coat requirement

2 comments:

The Life of Rookie Parents said...

Oh my word! I can't believe someone would do that! I am surprised John didn't chase her down-I surely would have!

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

He wasn't there at the time or I'm sure he would have!