For the record I did not forget John's birthday....I was just confused on what day it was. So when John told me to call my dad since it was his birthday I immediately knew I screwed up. John & my dad share the same birthday. June 3. crap. I'm not going to make excuses about how we just got back in to town or how we talked about not doing anything much for either of our birthdays this year or how I really was confused on what day it was because all of that doesn't really matter. It should have been the first thing out of my mouth.
So....I dedicate this post to my awesome, sweet, funny, handsome, wonderful husband who is a year older & much more wiser. ;)
John & I are very different on the surface, which has been very entertaining for our friends in the past, but our core values & parts of our personality are very much the same. I think that is one reason we work so well together. We're similar on the serious stuff, but opposite on...well...a lot of things. ;) I refuse to say a cheesy line out of a movie or hallmark card, but it's very true that John compliments me well. He is my level head when I'm lost in a array of emotions. He helps me to explore the adventurous side that sometimes gets buried deep inside my homebody self. He can make me smile when I'm determined to stay mad & that is hard to do. It's actually shocking how quickly he get me packed! I love him for so many reasons and selfishly some of those reasons are for the person he makes me. I'm better when I'm with him. It's that simple.
We look at the same situation, problem, circumstance differently sometimes, but respect each others opinions enough to hear out the other side. And surprisingly in doing so, we come out on the other side what a totally new view...part his, part mine & it's perfect for us. I've learned to love seeing through his eyes...they are much more fun & simple. He'll be the first to tell ya that I seem to complicate things quite a bit.
Thank you John David Turner for being everything I've ever imagined in a husband. Thank you for putting up with my forgetful brain & loving me in spite of it all. Thank you for trying to make my life the best that it can be...you're doing a wonderful job. I'm glad you were born & I'm glad that I'm the one that gets to celebrate every birthday with you from here on out...until death do us part.
I love you.
Your Wife,
Lisa
ps. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are a few pics. I thought would make you smile.
The only camo I've ever worn.
The only camo I've ever worn.
New Years in Charlotte, 2005
a braves game.
our engagement night!
the night I was tapped for ARX
a DZT formal
after 101 of softball!
Chi Cruise



5 comments:
Ya'll are the cutest things ever. =)
Oh girl...I feel ya!! I'm always forgetting bdays! Great post btw!! Y'all are a great couple!!
Remember how I came by while you were getting ready to go out with John the night he asked you to marry him? Seeing that picture reminded me of that...he was as cool as a cucumber! Bahaha...and remember when I was dared to drop the 'f' bomb on one of the curse nights to John and yelled it loud enough for the entire neighborhood to hear? (I prob shouldn't admit that on the internet for everyone to see) AND I should prob stop walking down memory lane on your post...ha!
Please take a trip down memory lane ANY TIME!!! I love it! Speaking of memory lane...I saw some HILARIOUS pictures of you and I when going through these old photos...I'll have to email you a few. :) Yes, we were both very clueless that would be my engagement night! That particular "curse night" will always be clear as a bell to me...prob. b/c I almost peed my pants when you did that. hahahahaah!!! Good times!
Happy Birthday John!!! Very cute pictures and flashbacks from Lee:-)
Lisa, what a cute post, I loved it.
Post a Comment