To end my tour de FL (see previous post if you're lost) I was meeting John for a good friend's wedding. Trish & Monty were getting married June 1st on the beach at sunset & John was a groomsmen. I flew from the Ft. Lauderdale airport to Atlanta & then to Ft. Walden airport where John and Jake picked me up. It felt like forever since I had seen John! We went straight to the beach & relaxed until dinner.
bocce ball. Jake, Monty, Chris & John

for Monty
That night Chris, John, Jake & I headed a few miles down the beach to see the Hicks family! It was great to play with the kiddos & eat everything in their refrigerator since they were headed back to Cleveland in the morning. We were so loaded down with stuff when we left it took all 4 of us to carry everything. haha!

Chris running & Fletcher in the background

little boys vs. big boys
somebody feed that baby! :) Harper crying for another cookieJake: "no, I've got it just fine."
Saturday morning changed the whole weekend. Monty's 4 year old nephew Luke had been in the hospital due to a grand mal seizure. Luke took a turn for the worse so Monty & Trish decided to call off the wedding and head home to Cleveland. I can't imagine the weight on their shoulders trying to figure out what they needed to do. When Monty and Trish left they had been told Luke wouldn't make it through the night. When he survived the night we were told there was a 0% chance Luke would be normal and 1/100th chance he would not be totally brain dead. You can't tell me prayer doesn't work b/c it has absolutely worked for Luke Cook. The doctors are more optimistic now because he is showing signs of improvement and actually surviving on his own! There is still no definite statement on his brain damage, but the damage appears to be less than they thought. We serve a mighty God. Please continue to pray for Luke and his family...they have described these events as an emotional roller coaster & I think we can all understand why.
People trickled back home throughout the weekend. John and I looked into changing our tickets to fly home from Chattanooga or Atlanta, but it would have been over $600 so we decided to hang tight at the beach. This consisted of eating, sleeping & reading on the beach so we can't really complain can we!?

eating at Dewey Destin
You can't beat this place.
getting the poles ready for surf fishing.
still optimistic, but they didn't catch anythingOne highlight was getting to see one of my best friends in the world, Arhmin. I miss seeing her so often & it was so great to be around each other. John can't hardly stand to be close to us when we're together b/c he says our constant giggles is annoying. He always says, "well...Arhmin & Lisa are together again." It's good to know we're just as goofy today as we were the day we met & that is one of my favorite things about our friendship. I miss you, Arhmin!



Chris, Adam, John, Jake & Todd








3 comments:
Yay!! What a great time with awesome friends! :) I know you had a blast. And PTL for Luke! I just got another really good text update, and it is such a faith lifter! I still laugh when I think of the story you told me from this trip (key word: shower). HA!
Man, those are some cute kids you guys are playing with. ;) haha.... aNNNDDDDD, and I'm glad you got to see your pregnant friend Arhmin and "giggle" a lot. LOOOOVEEE YOUUU!!!
Hahahaha! I think I know what secret Katie is talking about:-)
Post a Comment