About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's My Birthday!

Yesterday I turned a whopping 25! I had no idea this was a pretty cool birthday but apparently I'm now part of the Quarter Club, who even knew it existed!

I really did have a great day. John cooked me an awesome breakfast & brought me a frozen coffee treat to work. Later John & I went to Erica's house for lunch. Sadly Chris couldn't join us b/c he's running the hospital at Mayo. We offered to eat in the cafeteria with him, but since that place can't function without him he was having to skip lunch. They work him to the bone (that was for you, Chris) ;)

Later in the day I got a wonderful surprise from Katie!!! she sent me the prettiest roses to work and now my office smells like a garden, seriously! As Katie says, "sometimes people at work just need to know you have a life outside of that place...and people like you there!" hahaha
For dinner John and I went with Kendall & Andi to my favorite Mexican place in Rochester, FIESTA! We ate ourselves sick & proceeded to find room for dessert at "Rochester Fest" downtown. R.F. happens one week of the summer when the city closes down a street & vendors set up fair food. It's delicious. This time just got a strawberry shake, a funnel cake, mini donuts & strawberries with whip cream. Can.you.say.awesome!?


Jax was distracted by my watermelon lip gloss. I guess you could say "my lipgloss be poppin"the boys at dinnerthe gals at dinnerme with my b-day gifts! I'm laughing so hard here b/c at first Andi though I just wanted her to help hold my gifts & not be in the picture.... I was imagining me in a close up with 4 hands holding things. ha ha
yum!

The only thing better than the food at R.F. is the people watching...you should never pass up free entertainment!

Another highlight is that I now have a birthday buddy! Jones Wade Hicks was born yesterday as a healthy 6lb. 12oz bundle of joy! I can't wait to meet him in a week.

This weekend I'm helping some friends move into their adorable new house & John is driving (through the night--please pray) 17 hours to Cleveland TN. Thanks to all of you that wished me a happy birthday. Facebook on your birthday gives you the false illusion that you are a rock star...but I'm certainly not complaining!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I see you got the Twilight soundtrack, that's AWESOME!

Lisa Michelle Turner said...

The best part is that the CD cover turns into a poster....and don't you think it's not going up! :)

The Stums said...

Oh happy bday, Lisa!! Wahoo!

Unknown said...

Did I tell you that my sister sent me 2 posters? I still need to get them in a poster frame. And yes they will go over the fireplace when I have people over who appreciate my craziness:)!

Shawn Virginia said...

I'm really bad at birthdays friend. Sorry I missed it! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day and I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!