About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Monday, February 22, 2010

We're from the country & we like it that way...

Does anyone know that Tracy Bird song? If so, let it play though your mind as you read on...

John and I went with his parents to a wedding reception Saturday night. I couldn't remember exactly what we were doing and when we pulled up I said, "now who's birthday is this again?" and was reminded that the couple had been married on a previous day, but this was a wedding reception and jeans were more than ok.

We had BBQ, cake, a bonfire & karaoke, but that wasn't near the highlight of this event! The highlight hands down would be the 4-wheelin' mud pit! You heard that right! The family has several acres and converted part of their land into a place to ride four wheelers until your hearts content. Here are some pics. from the event.

these pits were DEEP



notice the boy COVERED in mud...that is what happens when you flip going up the hill & the four wheeler lands on top of you! The girl driving is below. helmets anyone?

the bride & groom


the moistest cake I've ever had!


that's right...that is 1 huge no bake cookie! yum!

This may not be what you would normally think of when you are talking about a wedding reception, but it was a perfect setting to hang out & have a great time visiting with friends by the fire. The only thing I was upset about was not bringing dirty clothes. John & I did hop on for a second and go over a few hills, but we didn't dare go through the pits in my ann taylor loft attire. :) If I would have known I would have brought paint clothes from home & had a blast!

As they saying goes, to each their own...

No comments: