That leaves me to say it's ok if you don't like the following pictures. Most people probably won't. I promise there is no offense taken!
I saw some artwork in a posh hotel in Miami & quickly snapped a few pictures of it before leaving b/c I really liked it and I thought, "i could totally do that..or at least have fun trying!" Over Easter weekend I "recreated" the artwork I had seen with my own choices of color & interpretation.
It was loads of fun! They turned out a bit different than I expected, but I still really like them. I still have a few touches to put on them here and there. Don't be alarmed if you see them hanging in my house! I have several places to put them & will just have to decide which place is best.
I have to admit it was a very cheap way to cover a large space!
the miami inspiration. I wanted to add color, but not those exact colors
my version. Did you know there is a "oops" section at Lowes where they discount paint colors that were messed up or people didn't like? One mans trash is another mans treasure!
still need to finish up some things (like I'll fill the lines on the right in with grey)



8 comments:
Okay now I'll need to know how you did the artwork? I believe we share the same taste in artwork! I have plenty of empty wall spaces that need to be filled with something. You can email me when you get a chance.
I LOVE these, Lisa! Very well done! So glad you are painting again!
They look GREAT!!!! I love them! :) I might be hitting you up for something similar when we move... I hope you're happy with the way they turned out! You definitely should be!
Lisa,
I think it's great! I love it! I'm so glad that you are being creative! And you totally could have a job where you can be creative all the time....Why not!?
I love it Lisa! I've been thinking I need to do another project too...I haven't decided on what to do yet. :)
Lisa I love your artwork! You are so creative and the colors look amazing together. Love that they were from the "oops" section. Ha!
Girl, that is incredible!!! LOVE them!! Now I know where to go if I ever need some artwork :)!
Those are great! I actually like yours better than the Miami ones. =)
Post a Comment