About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

1,097 miles to Christmas!

John & I left Friday around 3:00pm to make the long journey from Rochester, MN to Anderson, SC. We were able to caravan with Chris & Erica Camp all the way to Indianapolis IN (8-9 hours away). We arrived around 2am, split a hotel room and slept for about 4 hours before we were on the road again.
Luckily John packed his walkie-talkies for each car so we were able to chat back and forth with hypothetical questions and funny stories. Our trucker names were "bone crusher," "red rooster," "bb" and "stunna." We also took the time to have a home cooked meal at cracker barrel, which was well worth the time it took from traveling.

The puppies did great. They slept the entire way...then were forced to sleep when we got to the hotel & slept the next morning all the way to SC. With stops and everything it took about 20 hours. We were more than happy to get OUT OF THE CAR and see our family.
This is the "treat" the groomers gave us when we picked up the dogs...ginger bread men.
John driving...and driving....and driving....
Raleigh peeking through from the back.

puppies sleeping the ride away!

No comments: