We've been playing ever since we arrived Friday night. John's Aunt Kim and cousins Brandon (9), Caleb (6), Brooke (4) and Blake (18months) are here for Christmas. Kids make Christmas so fun!
Sunday we went over to John's grandparents house for lunch. Matt, John & I then went Christmas shopping for the kids gifts & I'm happy to report we got them all done within 2 hours! That evening the whole family joined Andrew, Marbi & Alyssa at Holly Wild. It's a zoo that they turn into a light show and "Santa land" during Christmas. I didn't have my camera, but I'll post some from Marbi's camera when she sends them to me. You can feed miniature deer out of your hand!!! They had reindeer, buffalo, zebras, emus, alpacas, goats, camels, ponys and much much more! I was in heaven! You can feed them bottles and crackers from hand. We had a blast!
Monday we hung out around the house with Marbi & Andrew playing on the trampoline and riding the go cart. It was so great to visit and spend time with them. Autumn and Kyle came over later that night and we played famous people game and catch phrase. We also watched the kids open their Christmas gifts since they are having Christmas eve and day at their place in TN.
Since then we've been cooking for Christmas, sleeping in, playing lots of games and visiting with each other. It's been so refreshing and great! The dogs have been worn out at the end of the day from playing with the kids and roaming the neighbors yards.
Speaking of cooking..... We've got more sweets than can rot an entire set of teeth. We have apricot fried pies, oreo truffles, haystacks, toffee, fudge, pumpkin roll, sugar cookies, pound cake, homemade cinnamon rolls, peanut butter kiss cookies, and there is probably more I just can't remember. WOW!
Here is a slide show of some of the fun so far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I played the famous people game with the Garmons tonight! It was fun!
Post a Comment