About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh Christmas tree...oh no!


Yesterday after a long day at work I came home and started laundry and picked up around the house. I was hoping to get all the necessary stuff out of the way so we could just relax for the rest of the evening. John didn't come home until around 7:00 or so & was exhausted from his day. It was a "fend for yourself" night where we don't cook anything for dinner, but scrounge through the cupboards to find something for yourself.

Anyway, as John & I were warming up or meals (noodles and butter for me & an egg sandwich for him)...don't be jealous....our large Christmas tree completely fell over! Water from the base was getting everywhere, but mainly on my brand new velvet pottery barn tree skirt! I, of course, was most nervous about the skirt while John was nervous about the tree that was now on top of our TV. :) To make a long story short.... it took almost an hour to totally fix the tree. I had to hold it while he cut more branches off the bottom for it to fit in the stand better. Starving tummies, sappy hands, headaches & hurting muscles later we picked up the entire tree and moved it to a different tree stand. Let's hope last years stand works better!!!

The decorations are not quite the same since half of them flew across the living room & the bow on top is still upside down, but we're back in business! The featured picture is before the fall. I wanted to take pictures during the chaos, but I was too busy... holding up a TREE! Fake trees are starting to look really nice to me!

1 comment:

Mandy Haynes said...

I vote for an artifical tree...and if you dont call it "FAKE" but "Artificial" it sounds much nicer...and apparently much safer not to mention LOTS more cost saving...you should check after Christmas sales this year!