About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Applebrook Animal Hospital


This won't be a post to knock your socks off, but I figured I'd share anyway.

Raleigh has been pretty sick this week. Let's just say she has a bacterial infection that produces some pretty nasty side effects. She's been pretty miserable & more lethargic than normal.

I went to the vet Monday instead of letting this "run it's course" and I'm glad I did. Dr. Primm didn't think she could fight this off alone so she has the help of 4 medications. One requires me to melt the pill in water & shoot it down her throat with a syringe...three times a day! I'd say that is her least favorite, mine too.

I was stressed trying to find a vet with no recommendations from anyone. Those places can be like a car garage & overcharge you for pointless tests...they know you have no clue. I chose Applebrook Animal Hospital by ruling out others in the area that got some bad reviews online. This was the first time I've ever taken one of our dogs to the vet for something other than routine shots. Well...there was that time Jax ran through a barbed wire fence & required stitches...anyway...

Dr. Primm emailed me while I was still there so I'd have her email address on file. I'm glad she did because I used it Monday night when Raleigh started bleeding and got a prompt response. She told me sometimes the bacterial imbalance becomes a disease called HGE, hemorrhagic gastroenteritis & HGE can be an emergency situation. She gave me the emergency vet's number in case it came down to that. Praise God it didn't..that would have been one pretty penny!

Dr. Primm has continued to follow up via email and phone. She really exceeded my expectations! I would highly recommend her to anyone in the area looking for veterinary care.

Raleigh's little spell has postponed our trip to Atlanta this weekend, but hopefully we'll go next weekend.

I hate to see her not feeling well so lets hope we're near the end of it all!

3 comments:

Shawn Virginia said...

Oh nooo! Poor Raleigh! Denali sends his best!

Katie said...

What a sweet picture :) I sure am glad she's feeling better... Rough week!

Abigail said...

Even amidst my thoughts on animals... that's a really cute picture. =)