
I'm as close to the Dipastena family as one can get without actually being blood related. See this post if you need to understand our friendship a little more.
After adopting Alyssa I've seen the DiPastenas try and try again to adopt another baby. Once they even received the first few sonograms but, for various reasons, the outcome left them with disappointment instead of a baby. It made me realize even more what a miracle Alyssa is. The Lord has always known that Andrew has the desire to raise a son. He wants to raise up a Godly man that can serve Jesus & his family with all his heart. Finally, as of yesterday Andrew & Marbi will get that chance.
I'm so happy to announce the birth of Caleb Andrew DiPastena that was born March 3, 2010 at 4:09 pm. He is a healthy 6lbs. 10 oz and 19 inches long.
Welcome to this world baby Caleb. You were born into one of the best families I know & I can't wait to watch you grow up!
When I was in high school, I basically lived at their house. During that time they had an amazing opportunity to adopt a baby girl, Alyssa. I had the unique opportunity to be with them throughout the entire process of finding out they had been chosen by Michelle to raise her baby girl. We would go to Knoxville and take Michelle to the movies, out to dinner or whatever to just spend time with her and get to know who she was. Once Alyssa arrived I realized that she didn't have to be inside Marbi to be her daughter. I was blown away at the intricate relationship between this now family of 3 & blown away at the process I got to witness first hand. I've been mesmerized at adoption ever since & hopefully one day I'll get that opportunity too.
People ask me my political views and I'm happy to say I'm pro-choice.....but prob. not in the way you're thinking. I absolutely believe that you have the choice to keep your child or not. Not everyone can afford a child, what about a rape victim that got pregnant or what if the mother is only 12 years old. There are numerous reasons why someone just can't keep a child...and they shouldn't have to. That is why there is adoption and what a glorious option it is! You get to choose if you want to keep and raise your child or if you want to let someone else. Abortion is not an option.
After adopting Alyssa I've seen the DiPastenas try and try again to adopt another baby. Once they even received the first few sonograms but, for various reasons, the outcome left them with disappointment instead of a baby. It made me realize even more what a miracle Alyssa is. The Lord has always known that Andrew has the desire to raise a son. He wants to raise up a Godly man that can serve Jesus & his family with all his heart. Finally, as of yesterday Andrew & Marbi will get that chance.
I'm so happy to announce the birth of Caleb Andrew DiPastena that was born March 3, 2010 at 4:09 pm. He is a healthy 6lbs. 10 oz and 19 inches long.
Welcome to this world baby Caleb. You were born into one of the best families I know & I can't wait to watch you grow up!



3 comments:
Caleb is a miracle no matter what, but that his birth mother could be so self-LESS to choose to put his needs first is miraculous, too. Adoption is hard. It is messy, conflicting, and painful... but it is the heart of the Father. We are all better people for witnessing the faithfulness of Marbi, Andrew, and Alyssa to trust and wait for His plan. Happy Birthday, Caleb!
ha. when i saw pro-choice i got a pit in my stomach. then i was relieved. =)
I totally shouldn't be reading this at work for several reasons....but the biggest one is the fact that I'm crying.....Thanks for posting this. I love that we share such a love for such an amazing family. I can't believe they have a baby boy!!!!! God is so good.
Post a Comment