About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

bienvenido a miami!

I'm in here in Miami for the annual AAD conference. I figured since I had a minute I would give you a little run down of my first night.

3:30pm- arrive at my hotel after a 30 minute cab ride with my cabbie lecturing me on being married almost 4 years and not having kids yet. He came from a family of 6. He talked my ears off.

4:30pm- Meet up with my boss Brian and Erica to check the booth & set up everything for the conference.

5:30pm- we get a call from co-worker 1 that co-worker 2 got totally smashed in first class where the drinks were flowin' free & she is taking a separate cab to the hotel now! Gotta love office drama!

6:00pm- head to Talulas to entertain 15-20 residents. Small talk topics included:
  • doing a rotation in Brazil
  • weather this winter
  • places to eat in Miami
  • the newest vanicream products
  • different talks given at the conference

blah blah blah...you get the picture

8:00pm- the wine & spirits have been flowing freely & they enjoy the free price tag that comes along with it so the topic of conversation consists more of topics like this:

  • resident X who is dating resident Y & the scandal behind it
  • my accent who reminded resident D of his ex-boyfriend & their past sex life
  • resident J and her recent new boyfriend and their current sex life
  • resident H got in a verbal fight with resident B's date for the evening

10:00pm- We finally hop in a cap and exchanges stories of the night with one another...and oh what stories we had!

11:00pm- I CRASH from a day travel & entertainment

4:30am- I fumble through the dark to use the restroom & confidently make my way back until I slam right into the wall & wake up Erica

6:30am- wake up to do it all over again!

More to come :)

2 comments:

Stephen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ErieContrary said...

Ha. Gotta love PSI conferences!!! If we didn't experience them together, we would never believe that they were really this entertaining....