About Me

I'm adventurous when I want to be, but I'm just as happy watching a movie at home. I'm married to my best friend who makes me laugh on a regular basis & a son that makes me happier then he will ever know. I strongly feel that the most important thing in life is your relationship with Christ and your relationship with others.

Friday, March 19, 2010

New Recipe!

Sometimes new recipes work...

and sometimes they DON'T...

Last night was the prefect example of the latter category. My friend, Beka, gave me an amazing recipe for red pepper soup. It's delicious! After making it, I realized it's also like trying to tame a wild horse! Ok..so I've not done that, but you get the picture.

I sauteed 4 large peppers with onion and garlic...all was good. It was the "puree until smooth" part that didn't go quite as planned.


I was frantically trying different ways to keep the liquid contained, but it insisted on going everywhere...even inside the cabinets My solution was to prop the food processor up & use a bowl even bigger over roaster to catch whatever came flying out. This, of course, was my sad attempt to control the mess....hum...kinda made it bigger!


My next little challenge was the "strain" part. Seriously!? It's already chopped up as fine as it can get...now I'm gonna strain it? Since I didn't have a strainer, I improvised....with a grease splatter catcher (that is it's official name)...Word to the wise...skip anything that says "stain."

Everything I touched got red pepper juice all over it and I ended up having to wash pots that I didn't even use & counter top space I didn't even know I had.
Wonder what John's face looked like when he walked in and saw this mess instead of a nice meal ready & waiting on the table....

The soup actually tasted great so it wasn't a total failure. But, I only got 2 bowls out of it after spilling & splattering the rest in my cabinets and on the walls. Who needs leftovers right?

Beka & I chatted afterward and she gave me some great tips for next time...if there is a next time!

2 comments:

SJonesG said...

oh my, that was hilarious! sounds like what happens when i cook!

Justin and Beka said...

I guess I should have given you my tips and tricks to begin with! The post made me smile. It was good to talk to you, even if it was over splattered soup!